Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vignette inspiration

I desperately need to add some life to the end tables I picked up last week for the living room. I got a great lamp this weekend with a black shade and silver base. I like the juxtaposition against the wood grain of the table (sorry I don't have a photo to share). I just bought one lamp because the matching lamp was missing the shade (I hope none of you do the bait and switch with lampshades that are supposed to be part of another lamp!!). I actually bought them both, came to the conclusion that I will never find a matching black shade for the one missing, and returned the shade-missing-lamp in the same shopping trip (but at a different store location). ha. I'm pretty sure the return cashier thought I was a nutcase.

In the end, I'm happy that I just got the one, since two would have been too symmetrical on both side tables. I guess everything happens for a reason.

So now I need to get some accesssories or repurpose some I already have to add substance and interest to the tables. To get my brain moving on this I looked up some inspiration for table vignettes and accessories. Here are some of my favourites:

 via {I don't know and I'm sorry...probably Decorpad!}  Not that I have this much room to work with on my end tables, but I've always liked this display. I want lamps like this for my bedroom night tables, but not sure if we can do that scale with the narrow space we have available.

via {another I don't know...probably another Decorpad}. I'm not crazy about the reds in this, but do love the silver birds!

10-11-silver-parsons-desk.jpg

Mod Silver Vases - photo
via ThisNext - I love these vases, particularly the one in the centre and to the left. They would complement my lamp really well on the other side table...
Wingard vases - photo

I don't know about you but I am ecstatic that tomorrow is Friday...Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Marie Söderberg said...

the lamps are georgeous !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...