Thursday, February 3, 2011

Inbox inspiration

Some great inspiration landed in my inbox tonight for our night tables (from Craigslist, need to be refinished...initial post can be seen here). As a reminder, here are our tables:


Effortless Style featured a DIY dresser-redo in today's email. I think the finished product looks great (the Mr. isn't so sure yet, but I think once I get going he'll be on board):


Don't you just love how that looks? The blog gives a full step by step how-to. I think that I want to apply that kind of design to the tops of our side tables.  It's similar to the floor treatment that was on Sarah101 this week (Jewel-like Dining room).

I'm thinking of painting the tables gray, with a white design on top.  Was debating yellow, but think I'll be happier with the white/gray combo long term.  Here's an idea of what that colour combination looks like:
  via Room Remix

Hopefully this will be a project that starts this weekend, although me and the mister have plans to start making rad covers. Woodworking 101 here we come!

PS - I received 2 more magazines today! Toronto Life (which looks like it will be a quick read), and the March issue of Real Simple...time to start reading...

2 comments:

emily said...

I think that will look great! I love that dresser redesign! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

And I love Real Simple!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I prefer the chevron pattern to the Greek key in general but I'm thinking either one would be fab. What are the other colours in your bedroom? I love the gray/yellow but really, what doesn't look great with gray? Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished tables. Stay warm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...