Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tag! You're it

Oh, tag. I wish we still had recess. I wish I still thought running and chasing people was a fun idea.  I wish my day was as simple as deciding whether to play tag or double dutch at recess.Say what you like about tag and other running games -- but they burn calories. Here, children play, i.e., run, during recess.


HOWEVER...we're not talking playground running games, we're talking blogger games!

The lovely Tess over at Tea Time with Tess (have you read her blog yet? Pop on over!) tagged me with this game...essentially a blogger version of notes you passed around to friends in grade 7. Enjoy reading a bit more about me, and check out the list of blogs I have tagged at the bottom of the post to see if you're it!

Oh yah - here are the rules:
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them

Respond to these questions:
1. What is your profession? I do HR (a bit of everything HR related) for a national engineering firm, and recently obtained my CHRP (Certified Human Resrouces Professional) designation.

2. How would you describe your style? Updated traditional - which means mainly classic inspiration, with some twists to bring it all up to date.

3. What one make-up product can you not live without? Blush (MAC). It gives my pale cheeks life! I had a number of runners up though, including: Moisturizer (Marcelle Oil Free Multi Defense Lotion),  eylash curler, Mascara (I always wish that I had naturally dark lashes...I guess blondes get blonde lashes, so I use Marcelle Lash Extreme .I have sensitive eyes and this stuff does the trick, but can be removed easily with warm water)

4. If you could be besties with one celebrity, who would it be? Gwyneth Paltrow. I know a lot of people think she's just too much but seriously...she can cook, she's hot, she's got classic style, she travels, and she is married to a freaking rock star (oh, and if I was her BFF I probably would have gently suggested other creative kids' names. Just sayin...). Oh yah, and Sliding Doors is one of my favourite movies.
via GOOP - doesn't this look like a snapshot I took from across the table? I wish...

5. What is your dream vacation? Hmm...I have been fortunate enough to travel a fair bit, so any vacation that includes airport lounges, 1st class flights, and an opportunity to get to know local people once I'm there is totally up my alley (I don't always travel this way, but I can wish). I went travelling for 5 months after Uni, and SE Asia was a huge highlight - would love to go back to Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia. A few places that are on my list that I have not yet been to include: Morocco, Croatia, Czech Republic, and Portugal. Hawaii (Kauai) has a special place in my heart as the perfect summer vacation.

6. What magazines do you subscribe to? Style at Home, Canadian Living (that's a new one this Christmas!), MoneySense (that's the Mr's new one but I'll definitely read it).

7. If you could have a special talent {that you don't currently have}, what would it be? Drawing. I was always way better at colouring than drawing...wish I had some sort of artsy talent! I always marvel at people who have a way with art, graphics, drawing, etc.

8. What is your favorite breakfast food? I'd have to say the good old standby of bacon and eggs. Oh, and mimosas!


9. If you could do anything, what is your dream job? See travelling - above. My dream job would be a travel editor / writer / insider, where I would get shuttled off, first class treatment, and the opportunity to do a lot of fun things for a tv show and/or magazine (for pay). Since this is a dream job, I would be able to take my time and enjoy the places I visit, not have deadlines, and be able to plan some of it myself.

10. What is your guilty pleasure? Savoury foods - I will always be the one snacking on a leftover, piece of toast, or for a 3pm snack: cheese sticks (the bread ones with crusty baked cheese on them...love).

11. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received, and who gave it to you? Ok this is likely (hopefully) not the best piece of advice I've EVER received , but it's the first one that comes to mind: You never wake up the next morning wishing you had one more drink (think about it. I have no idea where I got it from but my husband thinks it's my mantra when I go out - haha. I don't think that I can apply this to champagne though...if good bubbly is flowing, let it be).

Now to tag the next 11 bloggers:

1. RowHouseNest
2. LGRecreated
3. Dans Le Townhouse
4. Walks with Bella
5. The Design Pages
6. Calmly Chaotic
7. The236
8. First Time Fancy
9. View Along the Way
10. Oh It's Just Perfect
11. This Dusty House

Here are my 11 questions for you:
1. What is your profession?
2. How would you describe your style?
3. Salty or sweet?
4. How would you describe your ideal Sunday morning?
5. Which celeb would you want to have as a bestie?
6. What's the best book you read last year?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. What's your guilty pleasure?
9. What are your top 3 must have make-up items?
10. What is your dream job?
11. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

7 comments:

Meagan, in house nester said...

Thanks for including me in your 'tag' game Heather! Need to put my question hat and do this one as a post soon! Thanks for including me! Loved hearing more about you!
Meagan

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

That's a fun game Heather! I'm so honoured to be on your list. I'll get my post ready to roll and let you know when you can expect to see my answers. I loved learning a bit of new info on you and I totally agree that Gwyneth Paltrow is awesome. I bought my hubby the cookbook for Christmas. I have definitely used it more than he has:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these things. I'm so excited, thanks for including me. And love your responses!

Kerry said...

I will totally take part... hopefully I can come up with 11 good questions and some good blogs to tag!!! :)

April said...

Fun! It amazes me that people/bloggers can come up with these things :) On another note, I've awarded you a "Liebster" award ... check out my blog post today for details! Cheers!

Shannon said...

Oh I want to be gwyneth's friend too!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I'm posting my answers tomorrow:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...