Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend recap

This weekend was a gorgeous spring weekend here in Toronto - I hope it was beautiful where you were too!

We headed over the border on Friday to do some outlet shopping. I was so surprised to find out that Good Friday isn't a holiday in the US so we did our part to support their economy instead :) We headed over the border, and had an amazingly short wait time - took us about 15 min all in to get into the US! Good luck for us. Here was our view as we headed to the border crossing:

{my instagram}

We went to the Fashion Outlets in Niagara - didn't see any earth shattering deals, but I did get some nice finds at 40% off at Banana Republic, and picked up a watch I've been eyeing for...ohhh...about a year...
DKNY watch via


We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory - not a gourmet meal, but we enjoyed it. Their portions are inexplicably large...we figured this out a while ago, so now if we go we split 1 main (this weekend it was salmon) and one piece of cheesecake. And we leave STUFFED. Scary to think how we would feel if we ordered our own plates!

Saturday we went to the gym, enjoyed the sunshine, planted some seeds (arugula and leaf lettuce - grow seeds, grow!). Saturday night we went out for a delicious dinner at Globe Bistro. We've been thinking of going there forever, and it definitely lived up to our expectations. Globe focuses on local food, and they do it extremely well.

Sunday we hung laundry out on the line for the first time this year...this has got to be one of my favourite things for spring / summer...I love how things dry outside and they smell so fresh when you bring them in...




What fun did you get up to?

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I can't wait to start drying our clothes on the line.

Meagan, in house nester said...

So glad you got over and back quickly!!! haha makes up for the RIDICULOUS wait I had last weekend :) I think I am cursed when it comes to border crossing. Love that watch - I have a small DKNY watch too - and love it...although I am not a massive watch person (I always forget to put it on)...
Yeah for deals!
Meagan

The Pink Growl said...

LOVE that watch!

emily said...

That watch is great! Thanks for helping our economy out! :)

muhasebe programı said...

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa - UnderthisDanforthRoof said...

Love the watch----- I'm all about yellow gold these days!

Lisa - UnderthisDanforthRoof said...

Ps....if you go to the US often check out the Nexus pass: 50$ for 5 years

Anonymous said...

YEAAAAA, you got the watch!! Amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...