Thursday, April 5, 2012

What do you think of...

paying to dine out...at someone else's home?
 
I first read about this through Air Canada's online En Route magazine's "Dinner with Strangers" article (PS - EnRoute is definitely one of the best airline magazines out there...it actually has content I want to read).

It's like going to a restaurant...but instead of a restaurant it's a dinner party...at someone's home. And you pay for it. Apparently all the cool kids are doing it in New York and San Fran. What do you think about this? Too "close to home" for a nice dinner out? Great opportunity to meet people and have a more social dining experience? Or would you spend all your time judging their house instead of enjoying the food?

4 comments:

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love it. I've been invited to "underground restaurants" where a chef hosts a small dinner party and the entire menu is a surprise. You pay for that as well but it's a group of friends rather than strangers. I absolutely love this idea. Great food AND new friends:)

Carol-Anne said...

What an interesting idea! I would like it, EXCEPT I would need to know that they had high standards for keeping the kitchen clean, etc. ('cause I'm crazy like that).

Other than that, sounds like fun!

emily said...

I've never heard of this before. Seems a little weird frankly, but I bet I could get on board!

verim ticari said...

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...