Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quick and easy dinner: Tilapia with corn, black beans, tomatoes, spinach

I had this meal earlier this week - it was one of those "kitchen sink" type meals where I was trying to use up bits and pieces of things in my fridge, yet make something tasty for dinner. I had black beans and corn to use up, so I took that, added spinach, tomatoes and red onion. I seasoned it with a bit of cumin, lemon juice, and hot sauce (you could easily use a bit of taco seasoning or something instead). I put a fillet of tilapia on top of that mixture, put it in a foil packet and stuck it in the toaster oven for about 25 minutes (I think it would be quicker in a real oven)...just like that - quick, healthy, and tasty!

1. Mix tomatoes, corn, black beans, red onion with approx. 1/2 tsp of ground cumin, fresh parsley (cilantro if you fancy), lemon juice.


2. Put a couple of handfuls of spinach on foil, top with seasoned filling:


3. Toss the tilapia fillet on top:

Wrap the foil up, sealing the edges (I put another piece on top because my bottom piece was too small to wrap), stick it in a 400F oven (I used my toaster oven at 450) for 20-25 min or until fish  flakey.

4. Enjoy!




 
*I scheduled this to post around 2:30pm EST. I usually post in the morning or evenings, but I thought - what time would people be thinking: What should I make for dinner tonight? Maybe this post helped you make your choice!

10 comments:

Kerry said...

Yumm - this sounds great Heather! Love this idea and it is totally something B and I would like. Might have to whip this up one night for us... I always have a hard time coming up with good dinner ideas! :) Thanks for the help!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

I love individual packets, they are also so easy to make ahead, then cook at just the right time for a dinner party.

I can't scroll down to see your Homesense post, I would want too many of the items. I already have that industrial garden stool seared into my brain, and no chance of getting it. Sigh.

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

lgrecreated said...

Looks delicious. I recently tried something similar in one of those bake-able parchment bags, and it worked really well.

Amy said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

Cre8ive Motives said...

Yum...I love tilapia. I just can never get my husband to eat it. He prefers the fried stuff.
Mandy

Hena Tayeb said...

Looks delicious

Adding the finishing touch said...

Looks delicious. I cook fish once a week and I'm always trying to find new and delicious recipes!

Julip Made said...

I've been fish roasting a lot recently too. So quick, so healthy and soo yummy! I did tuna with sliced potato circles, arugula, and cherry tomatoes last night. Hmmm!

muhasebe programı said...

Thanks for sharing!

data kurtarma said...

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...