Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to school, back to blog

Hi friends!

I know I have been...hmmm...here and there, let's say, over the last month or so. It's just that with the summer weather being as spectacular as it was (is??) I really have relished outdoor unplugged time. It seems like that was a bit of a trend amongst my bloggy friends and really - summer only lasts so long so I decided to soak it all in.

This past weekend was no exception. The Mr. and I stayed in the city which is lovely because you do not need to fight traffic. My weekend started with an early escape from work where I did some shopping and picked up these beauties:
The plan was never to keep both...cause I don't think I NEED 2 ostrich bags this year...but the winner of this duo is the teal bag to the left...I wasn't sure about the size (it's pretty big), but I like the size with the structured shape and I LOVE the teal, and how it will look with my trench in the fall. Hooray for back to school shopping!

Another hooray - that couch you see in the background is no longer in my living room...it has been replaced with a similar, but larger and more loungey version...will post soon, promise.
 
Aside from this little shopping expedition, the Mr. and I spent about as much time outside as we could over the weekend. We logged serious km's on our bikes: Saturday we biked out to the Scarborough Bluffs (GORGEOUS), Sunday we biked to the west end of the city for a picnic in High Park, and Monday we biked not too far to our friends' rooftop pool. Great way to spend the weekend in Toronto. Here are some of my photos from the bluffs - who said Toronto doesn't have beauty??
 




 
 
Happy September, y'all!


8 comments:

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Love the bag! Glad you picked the teal one - it is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bag!!! Love, love, love "back to school" shopping.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Yay for fall shopping! Great pics of the Bluffs. I haven't been there in ages.

Ashley said...

god those photos make toronto look so appealing!

Anonymous said...

Pretty bags!! And what wonderful photos of Toronto.

Lisa Mackay said...

LOVE the bag. And I was definitely one of those bloggers who unplugged this summer - but it is kind of exciting to get back to it! See you on the interwebs! :)

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

Your photos of the Scarborough Bluffs are gorgeous. It looks like the perfect place to spend the weekend. Snazzy bags too...I agree with your final decision. Love the teal one!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I always bring 2 of something home with the intention of taking one back and then, you know. I love the Bluffs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...